News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Number One Flee of the Highland Garry System.

Started by Inchlaggan, December 07, 2013, 06:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinbad

That's brilliant , i got out fished on a loch i know really well by a pal that put on only blue Zulu's ! Well done WWF 3 out of 3 ... I'm sticking to sedgehogs in the summer though

bibio1

the black pennel is a fly that i have not used in years but when you think of it it has everything that modern trout flies try to replicate. orange wing buds, silver rib for the gas in a hatching midge. must give it a good go this year and a kingfisher butcher another fly i caught lots of trout on.

cheers

paul

Midgie Hater

Being more serious for a moment - the Pennell was the first fly I used, the first I owned and the first I caught a trout on. I suspect I may not be alone there!

Otter Spotter

The first trout I ever caught on a fly was with a BP aslo my PB was on a BP :-)

I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

bushy palmer

The Pennell is one of those flies that I want to do much better with but my inconsistant results using it sees it often relegated to the drying patch on my waistcoat where it remains until I'm uterly desparate for inspirition. It's not a bad relationship I suppose, as it is often in these moments that the Pennell comes in to it's own for me and has saved many a blank.

Midgie Hater

LOL Otter Spotter.

Bushy Palmer: really? No, I often fall back on it. I fish rivers more than lochs (down more to opportunity than choice I suppose) and I definitely find a Pennell in a smaller size - 16 say - will take fish fairly often :)

Wildfisher

First fly I ever caught a fish on was The Boysack White. self tied too.  :8)  Damn I really am  wonderful.     :lol:

Midgie Hater

Wildfisher

Quote from: Midgie Hater on December 10, 2013, 03:00:11 PM
Fred - well, that's clearly self-evident... :D

More and more people are starting to realise this.    :lol:

Go To Front Page