News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

So What Would You Call This?

Started by Wildfisher, January 03, 2014, 01:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: bibio1 on January 04, 2014, 12:11:37 AM
What would the world be.like without computers or the web.

I guess we'd all have to  start meeting up with and speaking to people again.  :lol:

Darwin

Quote from: admin on January 04, 2014, 12:20:15 AM
I guess we'd all have to  start meeting up with and speaking to people again.  :lol:
Nay, people are over rated!   :)    That is a very nice cape you have there, if I wasn't after a midge saddle I would consider getting one like it.

Wildfisher

The best capes are produced in the U.S.  Donald and the prices are a hell of a lot better than  they are here!

garryh

i have ordered a few capes from that company.always been excellent service .the pro grade capes are great for dries not as many small feathers as the bronze grade but as i dont tie anything under size sixteen the are fine for me .also the exchange rate at the moment is pretty good at the moment.heres the link i use to browse their capes
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Far-West-Fly-Shop/_i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=rooster+cape&_dmd=2&_sid=90514909&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_vc=1

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

Quote from: sculpin_crusader on January 03, 2014, 10:31:45 PM
you'll find it's somewhat lacking if you use it as the only hackle for an Adams.

You were right Ben. It made a very nice parachute fly, but it was nothing like an Adams.    :?

Darwin

Quote from: admin on January 04, 2014, 09:43:56 AM
The best capes are produced in the U.S.  Donald and the prices are a hell of a lot better than  they are here!
Yes I know.  The Hebert-Miner line is my favorite, I love the dun colours. Last week Dr Whiting selected a midge saddle for me that will work on #22 - #26 hooks. I hope to have it next week.  Exchange rate or not, they are very proud of those feathers.
Farwest has a great selection and you get what you see.  I have not heard anything negative about them. (other than they don't have a normal web site)

sculpin_crusader

Quote from: admin on January 04, 2014, 02:59:23 PM
You were right Ben. It made a very nice parachute fly, but it was nothing like an Adams.    :?

Worth a try though Fred.

Most of my whiting capes are hebert miner, I have six different duns, love them.

Go To Front Page