News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

vices clamp or pedestal ?

Started by garryh, December 30, 2013, 03:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Quotebut height adjustment is dead easy

Even better you could have a higher seat

or a lower one

Then you could read your book

:roll:
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

garryh

thanks for the replies ,kind of what i suspected .my main concern was i do tend to tie a lot of hedgehogs and to put a bit of a pull on when binding down the deer hair.

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

bibio1

I also use a pedestal. I have had no problems and find them more accommodating. They are great for tying deer hair.

Guddler

I prefer the pedestal type so that I'm working in over the table, not right out at the edge. Also means that all the trimmings land on the bench and not go straight on the floor.

I upgraded from a clamp vice to one with pedestal base earlier this year and found that it also came with a little clamp that you can secure the pedestal base down with - presumably for when horsing at some big saltwater or pike fly?

Suki1312

Quote from: admin on December 30, 2013, 05:50:00 PM
My new pedestal vice is quite low, but height adjustment is dead easy. Here's a step by step.   :lol:

[attachimg=1]
Step 1

[attachimg=2]
Step 2

[attachimg=3]
Step 3

If you don't mind me asking Fred , how do you get on with the vice , I have seen them advertised and they looked very good value for money .
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

Suki1312

Suki1312

Well old vice has seen better days , just ordered one for £60 delivered it looks fine and dandy  :D

Wildfisher

As I said it's quite low, but that's a preference thing really.

Go To Front Page