News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

UV Resin Yet No Mortgage Required

Started by Wildfisher, January 20, 2014, 04:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Some of you might be interested in this.

These guys have the usually nonsensically priced UV resins and torches on special offer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UV-LED-TORCH-UV-CURED-RESIN-THE-BUG-THAT-BONDS-FOR-FLYTYING-SPECIAL-OFFER-/390406495284?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item5ae60a5c34

£11 + £3 post & Packing  for both torch and resin.

Lochan_load

Wildfisher

Not me, but I have ordered this from these guys, so I'll let you know how it goes. I have always fancied getting this stuff but there is no way I was going to pay what is normally asked. The prices are quite ridiculous.

Lochan_load

Cheers Fred, it's one of those I quite fancy trying but not sure what I'd use it for, be good to have a wee experiment with tho

bibio1

I have it although i think i got it for around £8, including the torch. I like it. Its great for quill bodies and pierces the water well for emergers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Suki1312

Good heads up , been looking at this for a while . I'm not miserable but as stated the prices are crazy , like most fishing stuff I may add . :D

Stuart
Every day is a school day

garryh

i tried the expensive bug bond  stuff and was not impressed .no matter how long i put the torch on it ,it never went rock hard .always very slightly tacky.maybe you need the super expensive torch to set it rock hard .

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

Quote from: garryh on January 20, 2014, 06:18:22 PM
maybe you need the super expensive torch to set it rock hard .

it needs UV

In Scotland stick it outside and it should set rock hard once every 25 years.  Last summer would have been fine. I predict 2038 will be a great year for epoxy buzzers.  :lol:

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on January 20, 2014, 05:19:25 PM
I quite fancy trying but not sure what I'd use it for

Davie McPhail uses it a lot in his Youtube vids for all sorts of things. The main advantage I see is it cures very quickly.

Go To Front Page