News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

UV Resin Yet No Mortgage Required

Started by Wildfisher, January 20, 2014, 04:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nacnud

Have used the resin and found no complaints with it - good product and quick to use, better than nail varnish etc.

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

This arrived today.

Very fast service from the seller.

The UV torch sets the resin in seconds, it is not left sticky.

The UV torch is  metal, heavy, seems to be of quality construction similar to a Maglite but short and dumpy. It uses 3 x AAA batteries - NOT supplied.

I'm using rechargeables, time will tell on battery life. All in all I am very happy with what I got for my £14 including the very fast service. No more messy 2 part epoxy.

Wildfisher

I have now tied several flies using it. Simple spiders with pearly lurex bodies coated thinly with this resin then "torched".  All set dry, crystal clear  and rock hard in seconds.  Can't say  fairer than that.  :D

shad

Does the resin come with a brush Fred? I never liked the applicator on bugbond.

Wildfisher

Yes, the bottle has a bush integrated into the cap. Fine for delivering large amounts of resin for sea / pike flies, but for fine work you'd want to use your dubbing needle. Provided the stuff does not go off, the bottle should last for ages. Perhaps keeping it out of the light inside a black bag or something would be a good idea.

scobo

Been using the cheap Bug Off resin for a wee while to tie buzzers and it's great.
I just bought the same sort of torch in the OP for £6 a few weeks ago and it works fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400637981559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Clan Chief

some rough uv resin flees finished and unfinished

Billy

I have the flexi bond resin which is good and seconds with the laser pen sets it.

Great for bug patterns.

Billy

Wildfisher

Quote from: borderbob on January 24, 2014, 09:50:59 PM
This was a good call. Mine arrived today at a great price and it does what it says on the pack !

It's the most useful item for fly tying I have bought for quite some time. So little is needed the bottle of resin will last a very long time. It sets almost instantly  when exposed to the torch light.

Go To Front Page