News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Flees for 1st proper wild trip

Started by Harpo, February 10, 2006, 11:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Hi all,

I got such great advice on my recent topic for what gear to take for a wild camping trip, so I'm back for more advice, this time though I suspect that the answer may not be as straight forward !  

I'm very fortunate as my fishing buddy has bags and bags of flies that his dad left him. They are from the 80's but never used and are all named. However as we aren't very experienced in wild fly fishing, I was wondering what flies should we be taking into the hills.

I realise that this is a very open question but there must be some classics that will do the job most of the time or do you have your own personal favorites that you always take with you?

Cheers guys

Stuart

Wildfisher

Don’t forget to take a Johnny Bandy Catcher and a few  ? hog style patterns.

Harpo

Nice one guys,

They are all flies that I can easily get my hands on, good to know where to start as the amount of flees avaialble can be mind boggling.

I have tried using 2 & 3 fly casts before and usually end up in a right mess, so usually just use the one,  A catsing lesson needed me thinks!

Thanks for the advice

Stuart

Harpo

Hi John,

Yes I am looking to attend a stravaig this season. I wil be keeping my eyes on the forum for dates etc.

I'll be looking forward to picking up some tips and advice from the experts !!!

Cheers

Stuart

IanR

Quote from: Harpo

I'll be looking forward to picking up some tips and advice from the experts !!!

Sure you're posting on the right site? :lol:

Cheers

Ian.

Harpo

Hi Ian,

Well most folk are expert compared to me!, I did have my tounge in my cheek a bit though !!

Cheers

Wildfisher

Quote from: IanR
Sure you're posting on the right site? :lol:

Oi!

Are you not forgetting something?

This is a Troot-Mester site!   :lol:

Go To Front Page