News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Deer hair anyone?

Started by lochgarryfisher, January 28, 2014, 04:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochgarryfisher

Will have 2 lots of deer hair (Red deer/hind/skin on) available by this weekend if anyone wants any?
As you can see from the pics, 2 lovely colours, one browny/silver and the other is much lighter/brown/russet.
[attachimg=1]
Still looking for a blue one like the one Roobarb's blue muddler came from, don't get many like that round here though, are they are local rare breed round your neck of the woods Roobarb?

Lochan_load

If this is an open offer I would love some of the really dark stuff, looks brilliant. Have just got some of that blue stuff (didn't kill it myself!!) would be happy to send you half the patch by way of a swap?

lochgarryfisher

Aaah, that where I am going wrong, clever deer though sticking to the sky line, cos they should be safe there being an "unsafe shot".  :D
Of course Lochan, if folk here don't take it it will be discarded.
Re your blue stuff, the only problem is I canny spin deer hair to save my life.  I haven't tried for over twenty years but I couldn't do it then when I tied a lot. Although I have YouTube now and Davie macphail to help.
How about half a dozen of your flies instead? 

Lochan_load

Aye go for it, I'll chuck in a muddler from one of those stealthy blue deer from uist!

lochgarryfisher

Never done any dying myself but presumably the lighter one would be better if anyone wants to try using dyes.

Go To Front Page