News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hollow Pillow Fiber

Started by Rabmax, February 22, 2014, 03:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabmax

Hello all .Been trying out Hollow Pillow Fiber & it seems to be the bizz.It's about the same thickness as Aero Wing floats as well or better but more crinkly & cheap,cheap,cheap. :D

Has anyone else tried it.Cheers All  :D

Wildfisher

No good. It's far too cheap and does not come in a small packet with Orvis written on it.  :D

Highlander

:lol:  I always have a chuckle to myself when years back the "miracle fly tying" material that was Antron appeared. I subsequently found out it was a yarn used in manufacturing carpets.
We fishers are so guilable at times are we not.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

I'm just back from Asda where I bought a hollow fill pillow for a fiver.

I now have 3000 packets of  " Carrie-Oh  Miracle Wing Super Float Living Fibre"  for sale.

Special forum price £3.99 +VAT and shipping.

These are hot get yours while stocks last.   :8)

Rabmax

Should do ok on emergers to.

I often use Snowshoe for this type of fly.Snowshoes getting harder to buy all the time.Think the trout will love the hollow fiber just as well hopefully. :D.Must be the cheapest fly tying material i have ever seen.I just bought some Aero Wing a few days ago & wish i hadn't bothered now.Cheers

Rabmax

Fred treat the flies wish watershed at the vise then they will be almost maintenance free on the water.I do this with Aero wing tied poly flies too& it makes a big difference.Cheers

bibio1

Rabmax

Fred have you tried using the pillow fiber yet.Been having a go at a similar down wing poly as your one.
http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9025.2880
(not sure how to post your fly picture so posted the page)

I don't think a straight cut wing approach works for this material.It seems better to shape & trim with the scissors so far.It's a different animal than Aero Wing as it wants to flare out similar to snowshoe.Let me know how you get on forming your wings with it Fred .Cheers

Wildfisher

I'm going to give it a go later today Rab.  :8)

Rabmax

For some reason i posted the wrong fly first time.It was this one posted now with the down style wing.Cheers

Go To Front Page