News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hollow Pillow Fiber

Started by Rabmax, February 22, 2014, 03:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

OK, this stuff really seems to lend itself readily to loop wings. I knocked up this  LDO loop wing dun in a few minutes with it

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

And a dirty poly style olive emerger using the same loop wing technique. This is dead easy to do and makes quite a neat fly.

[attachimg=1]

haresear

That stuff looks very interesting. i have loads of snowshoe hare and loads of various other yarns (Aero, Parapost,McFlylon etc.) but none of them apart from cdc are very good for loopwings and that is something I need to tie more of.

Looks like a trip  to Asda is in order.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on February 23, 2014, 03:39:55 PM
Looks like a trip  to Asda is in order.

Or alternatively you may wish to consider

Carrie-Oh!   Miracle Wing Super Float Living Fibre - Special forum price £3.99 +VAT and shipping.   :8)

Rabmax

Loop wing.Never thought about that looks good Fred.Straight cut wings seem ok too.I have been combing the wing out first with a nit comb before i chop the wing.Looks as if there is a run on pillows starting. :D :D

haresear

Quote from: admin on February 23, 2014, 03:48:12 PM
Or alternatively you may wish to consider

Carrie-Oh!   Miracle Wing Super Float Living Fibre - Special forum price £3.99 +VAT and shipping.   :8)

That's the second time you've said that.  :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on February 23, 2014, 04:14:21 PM
That's the second time you've said that.  :)

But have you read the reviews?

"Miracle Wing Super Float Living Fibre is just the best - amazing!"  A.N. Angler,  Angus Glasgow

"Great product, it's so good I even rest my head on it at night and dream about all the huge fish I'm going to catch"  Anonymous,  Aberdeenshire

"I've  tried them all, horse hair mattresses, feather pillows, waterbeds, the lot, but nothing comes close to this stuff"  Nae relation to Fred, Arbroath.

That's just a small sample and none of them is made up. Honest.  :lol:

bushy palmer

Quote from: admin on February 23, 2014, 03:37:16 PM
And a dirty poly style olive emerger using the same loop wing technique. This is dead easy to do and makes quite a neat fly.

[attachimg=1]

I'm playing catch up with this thread- that is a stunning looking wee beastie

Darwin

A great thread, never would have thought of this material.  Alibaba has Hollow Siliconized Fiber for Pillows at $1.3 per Kilo! 

loch coulter

just recieved some fibre, enough for thousands of flies.

company contact is www.treelineproductsuk.co.uk

got mine through e.bay as a sample only cost 99p. :D

Go To Front Page