News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hollow Pillow Fiber

Started by Rabmax, February 22, 2014, 03:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

Quote from: loch coulter on March 01, 2014, 12:39:16 PM
just recieved some fibre, enough for hundreds of flies.

company contact is www.treelineproductsuk.co.uk

got mine through e.bay as a sample only cost 99p. :D
tried it out on a fly, wee spot of gink and floats really well.

Rabmax

Brought this back up as i want to dye a bunch of my hollow pillow fiber for parachute posts.I have done some dying before but not a lot.I would imagine the stuff will dye well with a hot dye.Hopefully the heat doesn't damage the material.I am thinking about a really hot red or Fl Orange colour.Can anyone recommend a dye brand that gives really intense & visible results in these colours.Cheers

Rabmax

Quote from: loch coulter on March 01, 2014, 01:28:26 PM
tried it out on a fly, wee spot of gink and floats really well.
It seems to respond very well to Water-shed treatment.Might not even need any gink. :D

Wildfisher

How about just colouring the post with a marker pen?

Rabmax

Quote from: admin on March 05, 2014, 10:00:58 AM
How about just colouring the post with a marker pen?
The best visibility i have came across is a little post made by using Glo brite thread .It will show up at distance in any light but doesn't add the floatation you get with the pillow fibers.That's what i discovered about Aero Wing even there Fl colours just don't show up very good either.Marker pens is a good idea but haven't came across a pen that shows up really bright in the Promarker range so far.

loch coulter

Quote from: Rabmax on March 05, 2014, 12:26:39 AM
It seems to respond very well to Water-shed treatment.Might not even need any gink. :D
will need to try that.

cheers, tommy

sewin007

Just received a wee batch of this material today, thanks to loch coulter for the link. When i opened the envelope i thought dubbing, so i knocked this up quickly, its a wee bit rough, bulb just went on my lamp. As fred suggested coloured the dubbing with a pen and made the post from the fibre. Will try to colour when i get a suitable coloured pen.[attachimg=1]

loch coulter

Quote from: sewin007 on March 07, 2014, 09:33:37 PM
Just received a wee batch of this material today, thanks to loch coulter for the link. When i opened the envelope i thought dubbing, so i knocked this up quickly, its a wee bit rough, bulb just went on my lamp. As fred suggested coloured the dubbing with a pen and made the post from the fibre. Will try to colour when i get a suitable coloured pen.[attachimg=1]
looking good used on thorax must help it to float better :8)

Wildfisher

That's very nice. That material has got a few possibilities.  :8)

sewin007

Made these with hollow fibre pillow case stuffing. Made the post with it and dubbing for thorax coloured with yellow pen.[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page