News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Knotted Legs

Started by Wildfisher, February 19, 2006, 02:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

What’s the best  way to knot pheasant tail herls to make daddy legs? It’s a bugger of a job. Anyone know a good, easy  method?

Fishtales

Overhand knot. Hold the fat end between finger and thumb of one hand, form loop with herl and trap with fat end, take thin end over and through loop and pull, move loop up and down herl to the point where you want the knot as you pull it tight. You only need one knot, fish won't count them :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

thanks chaps, I'll give both these methods a try

IanR

I form a loop with the fibre, and pull it through itself using a crochet needle. Works for me.  :)

Cheers

Ian.

Wildfisher

My hands are obviously more suited to a  pick and shovel. I just cannot get this at all. Mind you, I was  the same with braided loops and now I find them easy  :lol:

IanR

Quote from: IanRa crochet needle.  :)

It's a wrench taking stuff out of my knitting kit though.  :lol:

Cheers

Ian.

beaniboy67

patience lol

as someone said,you can buy whole feather already knotted.It must be a machine that does that because anyone who is able to do it too every strand when still attached to the stem must be either insane, bored or working in a sweat shop.

beaniboy67

Quote from: Ardbeg
Quote from: beaniboy67patience lol

as someone said,you can buy whole feather already knotted.It must be a machine that does that because anyone who is able to do it too every strand when still attached to the stem must be either insane, bored or working in a sweat shop.

Genetic breeding perhaps :lol:

Ardbeg

:lol:

Go To Front Page