News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

My 1st broonie on my fly

Started by desmondo, May 08, 2014, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmondo

Today was a real red letter day. I had a fabulous day on the dry fly made all the memorable by catching my 1st broonies on a fly tyed by my short stubby fingers. The killer beast in question was an F midge fly. It had to be an easy fly as I must admit this tying lark is a lot harder than the videos make out. Still now I have had success the motivation is there to focus a bit more and see what I can tie next!!

Wildfisher

Well done and stick with the tying. Pretty soon you will be able to do it with your eyes shut.  :D

Ythanjoe

You should have stuck a pick of your first won troot on your post....we've all been there with the first, great memories. :D

scoobyscott

Nice one, its a real buzz when your fly catches :D

Highlander

Quotesoon you will be able to do it with your eyes shut. 

Fred ties his this way or at least they look as though he does.

:lol:
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

east wind

Quote from: borderbob on May 09, 2014, 12:03:32 AM
Well done, nothing gets near  catching on your own flee`s

Correct, sometimes I lose sight of the significance that almost all my river trout are caught on my scruffy efforts.

Well done Desmondo, an addiction within an addiction begins perhaps.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on May 08, 2014, 11:49:45 PM
Fred ties his this way or at least they look as though he does.

Don't laugh!  The most effective fly I used yesterday was a chewed up parachute Adams!   :lol:

desmondo

The addiction is already kicking in. I tyed up a couple of basic PTN's this morning. For a clumsy fingered oaf like moi I can live with these efforts but can the fish? Far from ready for fancy patterns but yesterdays success has provided the required motivation. Off to use the forum to research more basic patterns.
Thanks
Des

Robbie

Well done, its worth noting that the simplest patterns are often the most effective.

Go To Front Page