News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Thing's to look out for in craft shop's.

Started by JimJams, November 19, 2014, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

I need to pack all mine away :( but that's why the craft box comes in handy, keeps everything in order and packs away neat. Very envious of all you folks with a spare room  :x

Your set up looks good by the way, look forward to seeing some of your flees :)

JimJams

Mine isnt a room! it's a cupboard in my spare room! I just cleared all the crap out of it and put a shelf in! 

SoldierPmr

I live in a small cottage so I've ended up putting all the wings up on the beams with my antlers got a few small draws full of stuff but going to have to increase the size of them at some point.

Wildfisher

If I'm to be honest I have never really been an enthusiastic fly tier. In fact at one point I really didn't enjoy it at all. I thought about why this might be and it was the hassle of taking all the stuff out and packing it away every time. This was made worse by the fact I tend only to tie a few flies at a time, so the hassle was disproportionate to the achievement. A permanent setup up fixed that.

It will never be my first choice of a hobby, but if you don't tie your own flies you can never adapt, modify or improve them based on what you learn when you actually go fishing  therefore I firmly believe  you can never be a completely adaptable and effective fly fisher. Tying on a winter's night passes away a few hours, but the effective and creative  tying can only be done during the season.

corsican dave

nice looking set-up that. bet it doesn't look quite as tidy in a couple of evening's time tho'! looks like you've got room for a beer fridge under the desk  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Billy

The last thing I bought from Hobby craft was a latch picker for making furled leader but they would also be ideal for braided loops.

A snip at £2 each for the tiny size so I splashed out a bit and bought a spare.

That is a nice set up. Very neat and tidy and plenty of room for laying out your gear.
As Fred said there is nothing better than a permanent set up. It saves all the faffing around.

I had a wee tidy of my cupboard last night and tied a few flies.

Next project is my drop down writing bureau and converting it to a fly tying desk for my man cave at home.

Billy

Billy

Thinking of something like this as an insert to the drop down bureau.

It will be in the new year before I look at making that.

Billy

JimJams

Very handy looking little bench's them!

And yeah Dave, plenty of room for a beer fridge, but thinking of mounting a couple of optics between the boxes instead! :D

Go To Front Page