News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Thing's to look out for in craft shop's.

Started by JimJams, November 19, 2014, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimJams

What sort of stuff do you keep an eye out for? Feathers? Streamers? foam? Any idea's appreciated!

Wildfisher

Foam, threads and stuff. Anything that looks like it would be useful

rannoch raider

They're very good for marker pens and coloured beads.

loch coulter

marker pens, roving wool, bought some to try with Freds indicator and thinking of trying it as a dubbing, if it is ok then it will work out dirt cheap! also the foam, 50p per sheet is a good buy and lots of colours all at Hobby Craft. :)

corsican dave

definitely marker pens (sometimes on offer), foam (all sorts of coloured sheets at 50p a pop), picked up a glue gun the other day, stick on eyes, anthea redfern, cuddly toy... you name it! :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

JimJams

Thanks! will keep an eye out for that lot when im up.

Seen that acrylic gel being used for pictures on wood, very interesting actually!

Lochan_load

Storage! I keep all my stuff in a thing called an art box for storing craft stuff, when it comes to keeping thread and materials tidy the woman folk have got us licked!

JimJams

I just bought a heap of storage boxes from lidl for a fiver each! i'll pop a pic up soon, very decent boxes!

JimJams

These are the boxes i got, each section flips open forward, then a dust proof lid lift's to access you're things! Not bad for a fiver!

Tying area is coming on nicely considering i started it 2 nights ago! :)

Wildfisher

Looks good. The last thing you want is fly tying gear that's a hassle to take out and pack away. Your permanent set up look first class.

Go To Front Page