News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Secret Weapon

Started by speydulika, June 24, 2015, 09:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speydulika

A pattern inspired by the front cover of Jimmy Waltham's cleverly titled book about sea trout fishing called 'Sea Trout Fishing'. He in turn nicked it off Hugh Falkus who in turn nicked it off the Victorians which in truth is how far this style of dressing goes back. Falkus suggested attaching maggots onto one or more of the many hook point involved. The various committees and councils on the waters on my increasing number of fishing clubs would of course hang me up by my most precious extremity if I ever indulged in such skulduggery  :shock:

The Dressing

Hook: The rear hook is a Kamasan B990 treble Size 10 . It is securely fixed to a Kamasan B175 Heavy Trout Size 6 at the front. The 2 are joined utilising Gorilla Fluorocarbon 30lbs BS.
Thread: Fire orange for the rear hook. Black Sheer 14/0 for the front.
Rear body: Silver tinsel ribbed with medium silver wire. Front body is done with same.
Hackle: Electric blue (kingfisher) dyed hen saddle hackle (Chevron Hackles)
Wing: Electric blue (kingfisher) dyed cock hackle tied back to back overlaid with 4 strands of natural peacock herl
Cheeks: Jungle cock

corsican dave

Quote from: speydulika on June 24, 2015, 09:28:18 AM
Falkus suggested attaching maggots onto one or more of the many hook point involved. The various committees and councils on the waters on my increasing number of fishing clubs would of course hang me up by my most precious extremity if I ever indulged in such skulduggery  :shock:
of course, if they're not real maggots.... :wink:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page