News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What's My Name?

Started by speydulika, September 24, 2015, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speydulika

RUMPELSTILTSKIN of course

The Dressing

Tube: 10mm long copper
Thread: Sheer 14/0 red
Tag and rib: Fine silver wire
Tail: Red black fibres from the centre section of a fluorescent red dyed bucktail overlaid with 2 doubled strands of fine mother of pearl Krystalflash.
Body: Gold tinsel
Wing: Yellow black fibres from the centre section of a fluorescent yellow dyed bucktail overlaid with horns of No 16 pearl tinsel overlaid with orange back fibres from the centre section of a fluorescent orange dyed bucktail.
Hackle: 2 turns of red dyed badger cock saddle
Cheeks: Jungle cock

A pattern loosely based on one of DMP's creations. It has given a good account of itself this year and taken fish for me, some clients, some friends and a few miscreants who have liberated some out of my fly vest when I was busy doing stuff

Wildfisher

Nice looking fly, what style of hook do you fish with it?

speydulika

Hello Fred, stick a silicon junction tube on the arse end and fish it whatever you like. Trebles have now been banned on my beats on the upper and lower Eden. I find that Owner Stinger doubles are just as effective and I am not opposed to using singles with tubes. I think as anglers even the most die hard fishmongers amongst us are starting to realise that times they are a changin'  :D

Wildfisher

I'm guessing these flies must have a fabulous action  with that very short heavy body all the weight will be up front.

Go To Front Page