News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Carrie Stevens streamers

Started by corsican dave, November 17, 2015, 10:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

found a pretty good link for anyone who's interested. they're all fairly generic to be honest, so once you've got the general idea it's time to play IMO  :8)
http://globalflyfisher.com/patterns-streamer-guests-streamers/carrie-stevens-ii

8x streamer hooks tho' :shock: does anyone in the uk do them?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

I'm not sure I'd want to use these hooks Dave. Even standard length long shank hooks are poor fish holders, especially when de-barbed, a topic that has been covered here ad nauseam. The leverage on the points of those ultra long shank hooks must be phenomenal. Some kind of long flexible body might be a more reliable and more practical alternative. You could easily make them yourself with a normal hook and heavy nylon.

corsican dave

aye, you're absolutely right Fred. they lend themselves to either a secondary "stinger" hook or tube fly style. personally I just like the translucence and the action from the profile, so I won't be losing any sleep about using my usual predator style hooks. superb baitfish patterns, tho'. I might stick some eyes on, too. just for the badness  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on November 17, 2015, 10:57:28 AM
I might stick some eyes on, too. just for the badness  :8)

And don't forget some legs.  :lol:

Go To Front Page