News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Swimming Nymph Hooks

Started by Robbie, November 17, 2015, 01:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on November 17, 2015, 06:25:43 PM
You can get sponsored for tying??!!

I'll happily sit in a branded hat while I tie ma flees if it gets me a few quid/some free feathers  :lol:
unfortunately there isn't a tongue-in-cheek smiley, Andy  :wink: and Fred's not rising either
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Just like any sensible fish I don't rise to sponsored flies Dave, both prefer my own patterns.   :8)

:lol:

Lochan_load

Note to self: must find partridge skip hat, produce hilarious new profile pic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on November 17, 2015, 08:25:47 PM
must find partridge skip hat

If you find any partridge hooks while at the skip I'd advise you to leave them there.   :lol:

Robbie

I was thinking of timing up some damsel type nymphs and thought this type of hook might provide base. Don't think I Have never knowingly use a hook that fished upside down. Had also considered that the shape may provide added "wiggle", might still give it ago.

The hooks I have seen are produced by Mustad but will have a better look for alternatives if I go ahead with this scheme.

corsican dave

have a look at the Tiemco 403BLJ, Robbie. only one bend, but a very decent hook. absolute bastard to dress...  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Billy

These are the ones I have.

A very fine wired hook but as Dave says a bastard to tie with.

Billy

Go To Front Page