News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Ali's Handbag; a pike popper for "free"

Started by corsican dave, November 29, 2015, 01:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

I found this in the top of the bin. apparently it was some packaging for swmbo's newest handbag. "can I have it, please?" the raised eyebrows and resigned expression said it all.... :lol:
[attachimg=1]

cut to length with a very sharp knife
[attachimg=2]

attach a bundle of tail material. this is some tinsel stuff I got in a pound shop. no fancy touching turns here! take it all the way up the shank as you want something for the foam to stick to
[attachimg=3]

make a slit the length of the foam cylinder. you don't have to be too precise with the depth as you can sort that out when you stick it on
[attachimg=4]

smother the shank with super glue and position the body. aim to get about 2/3 above the shank so it hangs properly, hook down, when floating. I found that the glue didn't work too well with the foam so I slapped in some bug-bond and gave it a zap of uv
[attachimg=5][attachimg=6]

a bit of black permanent marker, or any colour you choose, some goo-goo eyes (also with bug bond), and you're away
[attachimg=7]

now go fish!!  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Part-time

Must give that a try Dave - I've always wanted to catch a pike on a popper. Tied a wee bit smaller might be pretty good for seatrout too

Bobfly

I can see that after Xmas there is a new home for folks to send all "expired Xmas decorations"  :D :D   Recycling Rules!!  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

Like john I've always wanted to take a pike on a popper but only fished plugs never used a fly version, that one looks spot on!

corsican dave

as I said, be creative!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Best about it is you could also use the handbag as a landing net.   :D

Go To Front Page