News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

not model making

Started by corsican dave, February 12, 2016, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Yeah Andy, It was from Ebay, Got it from a dealer called Compleatanglerain (strange spelling I know). Very good, phoned me to discuss, arranged express postage etc, even got in touch to ask if I was happy when delivered! The guy has a seam for used, discontinued and ex display Hardy gear. The rod I got still had labels and plastic on it. It is pristine. Used it yesterday to get my first blank of the year under my belt :lol: My mate was more successful and proved that at least some of the bigger patterns I've been tying actually work  :).  I probably spent too much time playing with two rods and half a dozen different lines, as it happens that was something which was worth doing. I'll be paying more attention to the fish next time!

Lochan_load

Sounds good, there's definately bargains to be had, especially if you can be patient over winter ;)
Sounds like you had a decent start (or your mate did!) where did you head?

corsican dave

Quote from: Roobarb on February 15, 2016, 01:49:26 AM
Regarding the "fly" in the OP.
What a shocking waste of jungle cock eyes. Some people have no shame, don't they realize there are trout and salmon flies out there crying out for just two JC eyes but the tiers can't afford them.
Andy
:lol: yep, there's at least 6 there.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page