News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Three flies in hand

Started by Tyro, April 26, 2016, 04:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyro

Will give these a swim in the Tay tomorrow. An Executioner, a Jeannie and a Torrish. They can't do worse than the heavy stuff I have used up until now!

Len

rannoch raider

They look very nicely tied Len. You picked the tying up quickly!  :lol: What size are they ?

Tyro

Quote from: rannoch raider on April 26, 2016, 05:55:26 PM
They look very nicely tied Len. You picked the tying up quickly!  :lol: What size are they ?

Thanks Rannoch Raider. The doubles are sixes. Don't know what size the single is. I went to night school classes a couple of winters ago, but it is only recently that I started to take the tying a bit more seriously. There are also the brilliant tying videos of Davy McPhail on You Tube which help immensely. None of them have caught me a salmon yet but eventually who knows. I fished the Stobhall beat of the Tay on Saturday using all my own flies. A lovely day out organised by Hoolet of this forum.

Len

Lochan_load

Very nice tying. The Dave Macphail videos are excellent for seeing how to construct a fly

rannoch raider

Quote from: Tyro on April 26, 2016, 07:44:39 PM
Thanks Rannoch Raider. The doubles are sixes. Don't know what size the single is. I went to night school classes a couple of winters ago, but it is only recently that I started to take the tying a bit more seriously. There are also the brilliant tying videos of Davy McPhail on You Tube which help immensely. None of them have caught me a salmon yet but eventually who knows. I fished the Stobhall beat of the Tay on Saturday using all my own flies. A lovely day out organised by Hoolet of this forum.

Len

Davie McPhail's tying videos are great. Some people can fish for years without catching a salmon on the fly Len. It's usually more to do with a lack of fish than anything else. Having seen some of the fleas you are tying these days, I think we'd all agree that you needn't worry about them.  :wink:

Jim

Go To Front Page