News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What Fly Boxes Do You Carry?

Started by Wildfisher, March 23, 2017, 02:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianmck

Great idea for a topic.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

Myran box for the dries. Very sturdy.
Leeda profil double sided box for the wets. Cheap and cheerful but does the job.
Simple black foam lined clip case for the nymphs/buzzers. I rarely ever take this as I never catch on nymphs but hey they are nice to look at I suppose.

Hill loch gold

Large double sided box full of wets

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Large wooden box of nymphs and dries

[attachimg=3]

Box of mini lures

[attachimg=4]

And a wee box i won in a raffle on the forum a couple of years ago

[attachimg=5]

hopper

Now see why you take the kids fishing just to carry them, cracking boxes.  :lol:

Wildfisher

Some impressive boxes being posted.  :D

Lochan_load

Yip great to see them, you're definitely not short of flies HLG! That's some box of wets, I'd stick mine up but it's a bit anaemic at the moment and really messy, not touched it since last September!

claytonmcnie

Some excellent boxes guys, (hill loch gold) first 3 boxes are the most organized I think I have ever seen.
Ian Mck, your green box, for years I put in flies the same way as you in the slit foam, until someone showed me that they were designed to for the hook bend to be pushed into the slit, a lot easier to get in and out without cutting up the foam, although the smaller flies can sometimes fall out if rattled about. Found it enlightening.

sagecirca

Daft question...how do I stick pics up?  You guys might want to see my boxes...

Wildfisher

ianmck

Quote from: claytonmcnie on March 25, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Some excellent boxes guys, (hill loch gold) first 3 boxes are the most organized I think I have ever seen.
Ian Mck, your green box, for years I put in flies the same way as you in the slit foam, until someone showed me that they were designed to for the hook bend to be pushed into the slit, a lot easier to get in and out without cutting up the foam, although the smaller flies can sometimes fall out if rattled about. Found it enlightening.

........also feely extremely enlightened now, thanks  :lol:
Seems to hold the flies better that way too.

loch coulter

loch box and river box, number 1 and 4 is loch box, middle 2 are river box

Go To Front Page