News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Coming Back To The Parachute Adams

Started by Wildfisher, April 08, 2017, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

I used to tie a dry I called the bugsy, because it had rabbit hair as a body. I don't normally name flies but my pal used to ask what I was getting them on and it became easier to name the fly rather than describe it.  :)
For the record, it was quite "jinglery".

Tail: black cock fibres
Body: dubbed rabbit
Rib: fine copper wire
Hackles: brown partridge with long black hackle wound through it.
Tying silk: any old thing :lol:
Protect the edge.

Chase

Well for me its the Beacon Beige - Where are they ?
A Double Badger is a good go to dry though . It can be tied Full or sparse and works in either guise .

Robbie

Highlander

[quoteFirst time I've seen a tippet tail tied like that, must be pretty fragile. ][/quote]

Just ran the video , thought there must have been something different in the tail. Seems fine to me. Golden Pheasant tippet are quite a sturdy feather so I do not see any issue in using a couple of fibres in this fashion rather than the "bunch" one sees in lots of fancy wet flies. The few times I tie dries I use sometimes Coq De Leon fibres for tails & they are quite fine but stand up well OK.
By the way they make excellent tailing fibres. I use the Spanish feathers not the Whiting/Veniard ones which are not a patch on the proper ones.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Robbie

Just never seen a tail using only two tipper fibres before. Do you know of any other patterns using similar tails?

Inverguseran

The Grey Duster was one I rediscovered last year, again it is one of those nondescript flies which can imitate lots of things.

Highlander

QuoteJust never seen a tail using only two tipper fibres before. Do you know of any other patterns using similar tails?

No Robbie I do not. I am sure in this U Tube pattern it is not the "original tying" Still all down to the tyer, suppose it brings something new to the table so why not.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page