News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A good old traditional pattern for you

Started by Wildfisher, April 25, 2017, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagecirca

Absolutely deadly pattern.  I fished a river in Poland last year and had to take it off my cast as literally every cast I was hitting trout after trout.  It was a Grayling only competition  :crap

corsican dave

Quote from: Inverguseran on April 25, 2017, 10:16:22 PM
Horrible to think some people could use it and think they are Fly Fishing :(

[attachimg=1]
yeah. philistines all of 'em  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Nice one Dave. It even works for cod.    :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on April 25, 2017, 10:52:08 PM
It's a strange attitude. Some folk would happily cast this all day and call it fly fishing, yet look down on the squirmy or the San Juan Worm   :lol:   For me as long as the method / lure is legal I can't see problem.  Doesn't mean I'd want to use it myself but if others do I can't see the harm in it.

not only that, but they'd cast it in the hope of catching a fish that doesn't feed in fresh water  :shock:. design a fly that looks like a worm (or even a duckling) and you're a pariah  :roll:

personally i'm completely browned off with the deer-hair pellet fly mentality for carp. but it's not so much the fly as the complete lack of imagination or observation that gets me.

if you saw saw trout chasing fry you'd be pretty daft to insist on using a #20 trico....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Chase

I tied up some squirmies several years ago but have never fished them . Last weekend I had a few casts with one and caught 2  W B T out of a very tiny Cotswold stream in the space of 10 mins .
I had a chuckle and took it off .

rannoch raider

corsican dave

Chase

Go To Front Page