News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

soldier palmer !!

Started by pedropete, July 13, 2017, 09:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

I've been looking around for a decent wool or body material for soldier palmers without much success, i did have a wide plastic spool of turrals from donkey's years ago but sadly I have either used it or misplaced it.i was given some of the latest stuff by a very kind fishing friend but it's the wrong shade for my liking.has anyone got any recommendations regarding a good body and tailing materiel I could use.

Wildfisher

Just go down to a local sewing / knitting supply shop and search through the wools. If you find the right colour  you will be able to buy a lifetime supply for you and all your fishing mates for next to nothing.

pedropete

I've not done that yet but I should, was looking online but the color charts and the wool were different ...just in case anyone had a product they were happy with..

Lochan_load

I don't have wool so usually use glo brite yarn and veniards red seals fur. The colours are right but not the traditional....sorry realise this doesn't answer your question  :lol:

Lochan_load

[attachimg=1]

pedropete

hahha.. kinda.. hey they look really nice, i like that. very fishy mate.

SoldierPmr

As Fred has said I went and bought a roll of red wool and its perfect.

[attachimg=1]

pedropete

yep, i took the advice today, got me a lifetime supply of wool, will tie up some Palmers tomorrow maybe if I have a spare hr..

Highlander

It is not written in stone what colour of red is used for the body & indeed the tail. I use what I call Pillar Box Red, a rough wool from some ones knitting box. Works fine for me.
Your the tier so choose what you think it right or more importantly what the fish think is right. The flies shown are fine all be it slight differences in materials.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

pedropete

a few soldiers,10,s and 12,s ,muddler and stans fluo var.cheers.

Go To Front Page