News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

cdc bread fly: help please?

Started by corsican dave, July 15, 2017, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

this is an absolutely killing pattern for carp that are used to seeing bread flake slowly sinking. for the life of me i can't work it out. it looks like either marabou plumes or cdc (or both?)

how would you go about it? small bunches of plumes around the hook, tied in by their base or maybe a dubbing loop?
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Looks to me like CDC from white domestic ducks Dave.  Cookshill supply it in bulk bags

corsican dave

funnily enough i've got a leaky old down sleeping bag that i was going to plunder, Fred!  :lol:

but what about the tying?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Robbie

Dubbing loop would likely work, alternative could be split thread and bulldog clip or magic tool.

corsican dave

split thread was a new one on me. i'll give it a try later. thanks for that, Robbie!  :D

Wildfisher

would clipped white deer hair not be better?

corsican dave

Wildfisher

You are obviously not a proper carp fisher Dave

Try clipped deer hair and winalot more fish

Woof woof.  :lol:

corsican dave

Robbie

Natural Kapok could be an alternative to CDC.

Go To Front Page