News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

‘Wee robson’

Started by Lochan_load, January 26, 2018, 10:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

This is a fly i tied a couple of years back for one of the stravaigs to south uist, it's an amalgam of different things and in the traditional Scottish style with a streak of blue flashabou under the wing.
I've never done anything as grand as named one of my patterns but I fished this one on roag on a day out with billy and Robbie that sums up everything good about fishing; we had a great laugh and in the morning everything went swimmingly all catching fish and billy getting a real clunker, the afternoon the wave failed and so did the fish and we went through the familiar frustrations of searching the boxes and tactics. The fish won and the day ended a 1 all draw, we had the morning and the fish the afternoon. This fly got me my two sea trout and feeling all gallus and buoyed by a really great day I decided to come up with a name.
Fitting then that at such a happy time my thoughts would go to my wee mum. 'Wee robson' was my dads term of endearment for her. His way of sooking in when he wanted something or had done something wrong or when he spoke of her fondly to other people. She never fished my mum but her dad and her brothers and uncles did and all their pals and she loved all the chat of boats and flies and spent her summers following my grandpa around Inchnadamph.
She passed last night my wee mum, peacefully in bed with my brother watching over her, she never knew about this fly but I wish now I'd told her, she would have liked that. Every time I tie one up or cast one out I'll think of her.
[attachimg=1]

johnsd

Very nice sentiments Andy sorry for your loss bad start to the year thinking of you at this sad time
yer going where

haresear

Sorry for your loss Andy. What a sad time for some of our members.

Alex
Protect the edge.

silverbutcher

Sorry to hear your sad news Andy.

Billy

burnie

Condolences Andy, nice story to the fly, looks to be a blessed fly to me

pedropete

sorry to hear your sad news andy, that's a shame, nice sentiments all the same.

hopper

Sorry to hear of your loss Andy never an easy time. Every time you fish her fly your thoughts will be with her.

Lochan_load

Thanks guys, I was feeling a bit sentimental this morning, we had a tough couple of weeks where my mum was in a coma and slowly deteriorating, she finally passed through the night. A relief in some ways but still a shock to the system. I'm sure a lot of you have had similar times, a strange mix of emotions.

Bobfly

I've known that you have been having a hard time of late Andy. You have done absolutely everything right with this and you all have my sympathy. Great memories to hold to, a great fly to mark your Mum and great recollections to come. Brilliant.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

loch coulter

Quote from: Lochan_load on January 26, 2018, 08:25:20 PM
Thanks guys, I was feeling a bit sentimental this morning, we had a tough couple of weeks where my mum was in a coma and slowly deteriorating, she finally passed through the night. A relief in some ways but still a shock to the system. I'm sure a lot of you have had similar times, a strange mix of emotions.
Losing your mum or a child is the hardest thing to happen to anyone, you have my condolences.

Go To Front Page