News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Flys on a pedestal

Started by johnsd, February 18, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsd

Now my flys are very rough but the good thing is they catch fish don't know if that says more about the fish than me but having a browse in my fly box I seem to have some flys that I must have begged borrowed or st... Found I would like to know if anyone can spot their fly please note glass and wooden stand are for display purpose only.
yer going where

Robbie

I really like that fly stand!! Oh may also recognise one of those flies.

Lochan_load

The yellow deer hair daddy is Robbie's and the orange muddler at the back is one of Paul's ( I've got one too ;) ) don't think any of the ones you've 'borrowed' off me are in there  :lol:

Billy

None of mine.

I had a padlock on my fly box when we were on East Bee.  :makefun

I don't think it matters what fly you use when some of us carry more  luck than others.

Billy

johnsd

The yellow deer hair daddy is Robbie's and the orange muddler at the back is one of Paul's ( I've got one too ;) ) don't think any of the ones you've 'borrowed' off me are in there  :lol:

The goats toe second from the left is yours Andy :makefun
yer going where

johnsd

None of mine.

I had a padlock on my fly box when we were on East Bee.  :makefun

I don't think it matters what fly you use when some of us carry more  luck than others.

Billy

You are correct Billy don't know if I would be the holder of the Bruce Sandison trophy if you did not have your padlock with you  :makefun :makefun
yer going where

Lochan_load

Quote from: johnsd on February 19, 2018, 08:49:46 PM

The goats toe second from the left is yours Andy :makefun

Don't remember tying it, I must've been pished  :lol:

Part-time

Sorry to hijack your thread John - it reminded me about this fly that I was curious about who tied it:
[attachimg=1]

Tied at the 2016 EOSS, it ended up as one of the quiz prizes and a day or so later caught a nice trout on one of the brackish lochs. It's caught a few since then and surprisingly I've not managed to lose it yet :) Anyone recognize it?

Lochan_load

Not mine, if I had to bet I'd say Alan clan chief, looks like one of his.

johnsd

Don't know it could be Alans And you don't have to wait till he's pished to get one :D
yer going where

Go To Front Page