News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent stuff

Started by mattheweastham, March 02, 2018, 10:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattheweastham

Hi all,
Thought I'd share a few of my recent tyings with you. Nothing new here, you'll have seen it all before I'm sure. Hoping this little lot will do me a job on upland loch and llyns this coming summer.

Little half hog dries - WOIGO butt

Good old DHEs

My variant on the Connemara Black theme

Some weird half hog hopper jobbies

Small (#14) hogs for fishing dry/dribbled back

A mate dyed me a couple of shades of claret roe....

Finally, a Welsh hill lake pattern - George Barron's 'SAS'

All the best for the coming season lads!
Matt

Laxdale

If I was sitting in a boat at Hamanavay, perusing fly boxes during a change of menu, that Connemara Black would be straight on!

Lochan_load

A nice variety of patterns there. I could quite happily go fishing with that selection. What do you use for hares ear, is it a mix? Looks spot on 👍🏻

mattheweastham

Cheers. The hares ear is actually a blend I made of hare, grey squirrel and fox squirrel, but the darker stuff at the head is a packet mix which I got from Romanian company 'Troutline'. It's called 'black pepper' and I like it a lot.....it gets used for all sorts of stuff!
Matt

Lochan_load

I can see why, looks great. Lovely flies!

rannoch raider

Absolutely beautiful tying there Matt. The hare's ear patterns are very fishy. Lovely job.

Robbie

Cracking flies and lovely tying!

Bobfly

Sure fire bunch of flies. Lovely  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

johnsd

Nice looking flees :applause
yer going where

Lochan_load

Just been on the troutline website, ordered some of that black pepper and a couple of other things. Looks a good site, if the euro exchange wasn't 1.07 it would be really good value as well  :roll: as it's was is still relatively cheap, cheers

Go To Front Page