News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Cavalier

Started by breac, August 21, 2004, 08:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breac

Victor Furze was the man who invented the Vauxhall flies ,the Viva being his most popular, but he had a good one called the" cavalier" I used it for Seatrout, but I have lost the pattern, any one out there got it? it worked for broonies  , I've just had a week off so back to work tomorrow, curses
breac

Wildfisher

Can?t find anything on that Breac. Why did he call them Vauxhall flies, was it because they worked fine for the first 10 casts  then fell apart?

Richy

Noo Fred,

Yer lining yerself up for massive lawsuits from all the "Nova" " Corsa " brigade. They must be better than thae Nissans !!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Richy

Wildfisher

I?ll tell you Richy these Nissans are amazingly reliable. I have had 4 Vauxhalls over the years, 3 of them were new. My mates have had them too. All I can say is never again. Bad gear boxes, rust on the roofs, the list is endless!  But this has nothing to with fishin so ..............

back to the flees.  These vivas and things are 'bow flies are they not?

breac

:)  the cavalier was a broonie fly, Also worked for sea troots ,Victor worked for Vauxhall ,breac

Wildfisher

Quote from: breac:)  the cavalier was a broonie fly, Also worked for sea troots ,Victor worked for Vauxhall ,breac

Brec, I used to know a Vauxhall Victor, but never spoke with his brother Wyvern   :lol:

breac

It's the way you tell,em Fred!  :roll:  Breac

mogy

Is a cavalier not just a butcher with a gold body?  I've got one in my fly box that never ever gets used cos i always look next to it an pick out the butcher.  I thought it was meant to be more for sea trout than broons.

breac

as I remember the Cavalier it had  a red and fluo Green body a red game hackle fronted with a Partridge hackle I cant remember the order of the body the rib or the tail, it fished well for broons and the late lamented seatrout ( Round Here anyway)  your fly sounds like a Hardys gold Butcher:( breac

Go To Front Page