News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Jungle bunny variant

Started by lochstyle, September 06, 2006, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochstyle

Hello,
Have been doing well recently on the above pattern with the standard yellow seals fur butt being replaced with picric seals fur :D
Especially on slime line and wetcel2, just thought i would share this pattern if anybody fancies giving it a go.
Lochstyle

Wildfisher

Quote from: lochstyle on September 06, 2006, 06:00:16 PM
Hello,
Have been doing well recently on the above pattern with the standard yellow seals fur butt being replaced with picric seals fur :D
Especially on slime line and wetcel2, just thought i would share this pattern if anybody fancies giving it a go.
Lochstyle

Hi there LS. What's the pattern for it?

lochstyle

Hi All,
Dressing for the Jungle Bunny,
Butt: yellow seals fur standard: my variant (picric seals fur)
rear body red seals fur  front half black seals fur
Body hackle: black cock
Rib: fine silver oval tinsel or wire
Head hackle: black hen
J.C cheeks
As i said been brilliant on slimeline and wetcel2 :D :D
Lochstyle

Wildfisher

I might be on lochindorb tomorrow. If I get a chance I'll tie a few up and try them

Wildfisher

LS, went to lochindorb but did not get a chance to tie up one of these beforehand. The fish were on the dries anyway, so I likely would not have used it. I'll tie a few up today and give them a try  next time I am out.

lochstyle

Hi Fred,
Tie some up dont think you'll be dissapointed, i also had great sport on the dries last time out on one of my favourite hill lochs, their was 100's of bog flies (heather fly) about best hatch i've seen in years!!
The troot were shouting for a bibio emerger!!  :D
Lochstyle

lnelson20

Quote from: Allan Liddle on September 10, 2006, 10:59:42 PM
Next time you go try the Bibio Emerger with Hopper legs on.  Shit how did i let that slip oot :shock: :lol:

Allan.
Have been fishing it all year,deadly :D

All the best

Chris.
c.nelson

lochstyle

Hello All,
Yes i use the bibio emerger with legs as well Allan :D :D Bibio & black & claret emerger take some beating for wild broonies when they're on the dries!!
Great wee variation on these flies is a wee dash of pearl lite brite mixed in with the black seals fur!!
Lochstyle

lochstyle

I am very up to date on fly tying matters Allan :D If ever your in the Galloway hills area in Ayrshire give me a shout and i will show some of the best wild brown trout fishing in scotland!
Bring your float tube, dont wory about flies i'll take care of that :D :lol:
Lochstyle

Go To Front Page