News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

October 2006 Fly Swap Flies

Started by Wildfisher, October 17, 2006, 08:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Quote from: Clan Ford on December 13, 2006, 06:20:55 PM
I was particularly interested in the DHE, I just can't get them to work.  Thought mine might be complete different from the rest but from what I see they look similar - just much smaller.  Obviously the troots like em big! 

The only really big flee that looked like a DHE was mine I think and It's a mayfly imitation (the Edie) although It looks a bit like a huge DHE.

Anyway brilliant flies everyone and I'm really looking forward to using them in the summer
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

rabbitangler

Thanks for some extremely interesting flies chaps. look forward to giving them a chuck soon as.

Special thanks once again to our master of ceremonies Steve!  :bigface;

Peter

Ptinid

Mine arrived today. Some lively wee flies as well as the monsters. Great tying guys - thanks to all.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

nant_fisher

Still havnae got mine  :( Can't wait till they come. Then all i have to wait for is march.
Adventure time

nant_fisher

Got my flies today, really really cant wait to test them out. Some belters in this bunch. They came with the "flowers" that Chris let me have (cheers Chris) and i think il have to tie upmy flies for the next swap with them, im really pleased with it can't thank Chris enough.

Cheers

Robbie
Adventure time

Wildfisher

Quote from: shielfisher on December 15, 2006, 03:19:22 AM
Yeah.... but trust me, it works

Believe him, it will.  Hamish is a  real  "big flee"  dude.

Fishing on Stemster in Caithness  oor Hamish gave me a MASSIVE olive Loch Ordie tied on a 10 long shank. It looked like something a sweepie might stick up yer lum. I caught 2 troot almost straight away – 1 ? and 2 lb.

Good fish sometimes like a good mouthful it seems.

Malcolm

Quote from: admin on December 16, 2006, 08:16:59 PM
Quote from: shielfisher on December 15, 2006, 03:19:22 AM
Yeah.... but trust me, it works

Fishing on Stemster in Caithness  oor Hamish gave me a MASSIVE olive Loch Ordie tied on a 10 long shank. It looked like something a sweepie might stick up yer lum. I caught 2 troot almost straight away ? 1 ? and 2 lb.

Good fish sometimes like a good mouthful it seems.

Big Loch ordies seem to be the order of the day up in that neck of the woods - I stayed at the Garvault some years ago and the then owner gave me a couple of huge Loch Ordies to fish on Druim. I couldn't believe the size of the things but they were absolutely deadly.

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

haresear

QuoteI stayed at the Garvault some years ago and the then owner gave me a couple of huge Loch Ordies to fish on Druim. I couldn't believe the size of the things but they were absolutely deadly.

That would be Tony. I hear he is no longer with us  :(
You are right about the L. Ordies in that area. I think Tony swore by a size 6  :shock:.

Alex
Protect the edge.

haresear

QuoteThat would be Tony. I hear he is no longer with us 
You are right about the L. Ordies in that area. I think Tony swore by a size 6  .

QuoteThat small   

Good one Hamish. :lol: :lol:

Alex

Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page