News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Realistic Flies

Started by superscot, December 20, 2006, 12:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Not really into tying ma own flies but came across theses ...sure one or twa would rise a broon troot on our own home waters . works of art some of them

http://www.solarexpert.com/fishing/more-fly-tying.html

The General

What beauties.   Wonder what they cost.   Would be feart to put
them in the water in case they were ruined by a fish!!!

Davie

haresear

They remind me of mine :lol:

Absolute crackers. Probably the most realistic I've ever seen. It must take ages to tie them. I'll bet he doesn't enter many fly swaps :lol:

Alex
Protect the edge.

superscot

The General

Brilliant

Wonder if he wants a week's holiday in Inverness in the fishing season

:?

Davie

haresear

Wow. Amazing stuff involving the dragonflies.
I would be happy enough to be able to take photos like that, never mind tie his flies.

alex
Protect the edge.

nant_fisher

I wonder if they actually catch fish?
Adventure time

ChildOfTheMist

Truly works of art. Amazin.

It'd be a right bugger though, if you stuck one on and some daft wee perch chewed it up  :shock:

Richy

Jesus,

I would have the first one cooking on ma barbie, never mind fishing with it.  :lol: :lol:

All the best

Hungry Richy.

Ptinid

Amazing indeed - and certainly works of art. I'd be happy to give them wall space. Perhaps not on the end of a line though in most cases.

This stuff does beg the question - why do we tie flies? Is it to get a fish, or is it for the pure pleasure of constructing the fly. I'll admit to getting distracted by the act of tying and making up (nearly said designing, but that would be a bit tooo poncey for what I do!).
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Go To Front Page