News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

International fly swap.

Started by Steve, November 13, 2004, 01:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

An idea for the next fly swap,
I am also in a fly swap with a Canadian fishing site....
http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showforum=4
And I wondered if anyone is interested in doing an international fly swap early next year? Maybe to celebrate 100 wild fishing forum members,
maybe 10 people over here and 10 in Canada, thats 20 flies for each of us to tie.
pocaman

Wildfisher

I would be interested, but do you think it would be practical working across 2 forums?

Richy

Aye,  I like the sound of that.  Then we could have a Canadian fly only - Argos tent weekender........... :D  :D

I'll just go and take my medication now lads !!!

Count me in Steve

All the best

Richy

rabbitangler

Sounds a great idea, count me in!!

Peter :)

Wildfisher

Quote from: pocamanCannot see any problems, the B.C. site have done something like this before, I thought we could start first and once we have 10 participants
the swap could be posted on The B.C. site, they have hundreds of members so I dont think getting 10 tyers would be a problem.
I have mentioned this on the B.C.site and I am sure they are interested, I can collect the wild fishing flies and post them to Canada and whoever is organising at the B.C. end can send the Canadian flies over to me, then I can post them out from here.
Traditional Scottish flies for traditional Canadian flies does sound like a good idea.
Pocaman

Great!  And we can see if Bob is interested in talking part. A Canadian  in Scotland  tying Scottish flies to be sent to Canada.  Now that would  be good!   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: pocamanThe B.C. site has 9 entries for this swap and so far we have 6
We might well have the 10 in the next few days, any luck with Bob yet Fred?
pocaman

Have  not seen him on the board for a few days. I?ll email him and see what he says.

Wildfisher

Quote from: pocamanThe B.C. site has 9 entries for this swap and so far we have 6
We might well have the 10 in the next few days, any luck with Bob yet Fred?
pocaman

Steve, I e-mailed   Bob, I think he  might join too. It would be great if he did, he is a terrific and imaginative tier.

Anyway, me being a lazy bastard, as usual,  I am getting in  first with the easiest pattern.   :lol:  

My fly will be a  ?Red Tailed  Williams Favourite?. ( no doubt it has other names).  A great hill loch killer if lightly dressed, especially early in the season.

Red tail, black body, silver rib, black hen hackle. On a size 12.

So we tie 20 each -  right?

rabbitangler

What is the final decision on flies?
Ten wets or dries, I'll do either, or is it ten wets and dries?

Peter

Wildfisher

Steve,

So how many have we got now? How many flies are we tying?

Richy

Its the Daddy Long Legs for me this time.  Now lets see, thats 6 legs a Daddy with two knots per leg so thats 20 times 6 = 120 legs times 2 knots = 240 knots before I've even tied one up  :shock:  :shock:

Must be mad or dedicated   :lol:  :lol:

All the best

Richy

Do they have Daddy's in Canada  :?  :?

Go To Front Page