News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

International fly swap.

Started by Steve, November 13, 2004, 01:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: rabbitanglerIt's actually one of Kevs friends (yes he has others) who first tied it, but I think I got the first to try for rainbows, surprisingly. Superb wee flee but I never thought about it dry.

Tight lines
Peter :lol:

Peter,

I see Allan mentions loch lee are you a regular? It?s one of my favourites, only managed 1 trip last seasons though.

rabbitangler

Not a regular but I would like the time to be! Fished it a couple of times last year, didn't catch anything huge or any Charr but excellent sport in amazing scenery. The Esk where it flows out looks the business too!!

Regards

Peter :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: rabbitanglerNot a regular but I would like the time to be! Fished it a couple of times last year, didn't catch anything huge or any Charr but excellent sport in amazing scenery. The Esk where it flows out looks the business too!!

Regards

Peter :D

Pete,

Yes, loch lee is great. Stunning scenery and even better value for money. I usually fish it 3 or 4 times  / season but only managed once last year. If you want charr, anchor the boat  and get the Hi-D line on. You will need LONG anchor ropes though!  We have had charr on floaters, one day in late September a few years  back we had a load of them, it was just one of these days when you could not go wrong, started off flat calm and it was dire, then a SW breeze got up. Wonderful fishing!

Richy

Steve

I have tracked the Flies through the Royal Mail website and they claim in their words as follows........ WE HAVE YOUR ITEM.  "We have tried to deliver your item from our PRUDHOE Delivery Office before 04.20 on 14/01/05 and have left a while you were out card."

The reference on the package is DP228294132GB

Me thinks the b@stards are at it    :twisted:  :twisted:

I will try and do something on Monday to sort this out.

All the best

Richy

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

rabbitangler

Richy

I'm sure I saw a purple daddy in there Steve  :shock:  :shock:

Looking great and look forward to getting these crackin flies mate.

Well done and all the best

Richy

Alastair

Received my flies today (in Canada), and they look great, but some are very different from the ones we use.  Do you have any tips on how to fish the flies you guys tied?

Wildfisher

Just got my flies

Unbelievable high quality, make my offering  look pathetic. When I opened  the box the daddy  flew away!

Thanks to everyone involved. Great work lads.  

Steve and Marc, well done for organising this superb swap!

Must go now and see if I can catch that bloody daddy!   :lol:

rabbitangler

superb set of flies :D , thanks to all who took part and particularly to the poor bugger who organised it all :D

Go To Front Page