News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Video lessons for the novice.

Started by scotfly, February 07, 2007, 12:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hibsman

Superb, thanks for that Dennis.  I have just started tying palmered wets and the vids have been very useful.
cheers
Chris

doogs

Brilliant, really useful stuff - you do yourself a disservice

Doogs

:D

Pete

Scotfly
Just wanted to thank you for going to the effort of putting the video clips up.  They have just helped me tie my first flies.

Thanks Pete

Clan Ford

Pete,

Welcome to the world of flytying.  I'm sure you'll find that your home tied flies will catch you more fish than the shop bought jobs :shock:

Norm 

rabbitangler

Well done, but you have started something which will lead you into a life of penury and ridicule.

Every time you see a tackle shop you will be drawn in.

Every time you pass a craft shop, every haberdashers, sewing shop you will be drawn in.....................

you will receive strange looks as your better half is getting her hair done and you are fascinated by the beautiful shades of dye.................

a reputation because you are always looking for Sally Hansen Hard as Nails varnish.........................     

You're doomed man .............
doooooooommmmmmeeddddddddddddd
:D :D

Wildfisher

Yes, these videos are great, as are all Dennis?s contributions. It?s most gratifying when members make a real effort to help others through the forum. We are very fortunate to have a core of positive and helpful  people here.

SouthFly

There is also a serries of free fly tying videos available on the web called Fly Tying: The Anglers Art

Basically it is a TV serries that has been made available for free download though the KWSU television network, highly recommended.

You will need to install their OMN software to download the clips, it's basically a P2P app for the KWSU TV network which provides only legal content (and the app only works on their downloadable content),  there is hours of fly tying video's available here, each episode is about 25 minutes long.

The link is  http://kwsu.org/Offers/FlyTying.aspx

I've downloaded all the video's in the past and past them on to budding fly tiers to help them along

jimmyw

I checked out the link Southfly gave for http://kwsu.org/Offers/FlyTying.aspx.
It opened on Windows Media Player for me.
Some nice flies being tied worth having a look at.
fishing is a way of life .

Guddler

Well I've been and gone and done it. Picked up a second hand vice, some tools and assorted materials for ?2.73 in an ebay auction.
OK, the postage was nearly 3 times that much but I hope it'll be a good start for a tenner. I've broken the news to the missus and just got a blank stare in return - little does she know what I may have started !!!
:worms  :lol:

theladdie1892

Is there any reason why I cant view these videos? is it my machine?

Im looking to be pointed in the direction of info that can help me master the knots, particularly the Whip finish.

Cheers,

Chris

Go To Front Page