News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Lochmaddys

Started by paulr, June 13, 2007, 01:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Anyone know the the dressing of this fly please?Had a search on tinternet but cant find anything.

Cheers
Paul

paulr

Thanks John,
It's actually that photo that makes me want to tie some up!If no-one else can help il just try and match those as best i can.

cheers

Paul

paulr

Cheers for that John,I'll have a look through the back issues i have and see if i bought that one.

Thanks
Paul

Tombee

Hi there, Lochmaddies were featured in March edition (page 10) of T & S, article by John Sinclair. A very useful flee.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Tombee on June 15, 2007, 10:54:17 AM
Hi there, Lochmaddies were featured in March edition (page 10) of T & S, article by John Sinclair. A very useful flee.

welcome to the forum Tombee

paulr

Hi Tombee,
thanks for that.Not sure if i bought that edition,so if my dad doesnt have it i'll be appealing on the forum for a photocopy!
Cheers
Paul

Tombee

Found time to scan the relevant part of the article. Hope Mr Sinclair doesn't mind. (I've had to rearrange the scan so it would fit, so the sea trout flies are at the bottom)

Tombee

And many thanks for the welcome

paulr

What a star!That is brilliant thanks.Heading up to North uist in a few weeks and was keen to try these out.Interesting to note the different coloured tinsel bodies,think i'll experiment with a few different colours.
Cheers again

Paul

Tombee

Good luck in the Uists. They work for me in most of the heelan' lochs I've fished, especially Inverness side of the land. Found them good as bobs with a few broonies to 1 lb+ and a sea troot to 4 lb. also ok as tip or mid-dropper

Go To Front Page