News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

FLY SWAP TIME?

Started by Steve, October 07, 2007, 02:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Just when you thought the season was over and you could settle down until March 15th
Anyone interested in a fly swap?
I thought the theme could be "The fly that caught you a memorable fish"
and like the last one a ?1 per entry donation to the forum
All you need to do is reply to this post, then once everyone is in we each tie 1 fly for all who take part,plus an extra fly for an auction.
send them to me with a SAE and your ? 1 entry fee
and I will do the rest.
Steve

haresear

OK Steve. An olive parachute with a krystal flash tail/shuck. Let's call it a Krystal Olive.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Ford

I'm game, if there is still room.

Likely do one of my Olive Flashback Spiders - caught a lot of fish for me this season on the rivers, not quite so sure if it will translate to the lochs.

Norm

Malcolm

Not sure yet what I'll tie but count me in

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

rabbitangler

I'll break the bad luck Steve - a March Brown Emerger. It caught the 23" Brownie from the Don in my Piccie asa well as loads of others.

Peter

garryh

I'm in ,my fly hasn't got a name but it looks a bit like an olive ke-he.i used this fly a lot on loch leven, but its worked for me on most lochs.                       
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

east wind

Ok, i'm in. Will tie a couple of March Brown spiders, one of the few patterns i have that fish take with real confidence.

Cheers
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

thewaterbouys

Hi Steve

Count me in i will tye uses "Olive Game Spider".
my top fly this season. :D

Henry :lol:

Wildfisher

Steve, I have added myself. I'll do my March Broon Parachute Dun. Fish it as soon as Rabbitangler's  March Broon Emerger stops taking fish ….. It'll mean the emerging is all dun -  :roll: - and they are on the surface. Funnily  enough – like Peter I had a big broonie on the Don on this fly this past season. It's big and easy to see on the water – big enough to fish a nymph under tied on NZ style

just_steven

Count me in Steve.

I'll tie up some Orange Hedgehogs. Not my top fly this season (don't think there was a top fly this season :( ) but it has been for a good many of the previous seasons.
Might have to try and run over a deer and shoot an orange seal to make up the order tho... :D

Regards

Steve

Go To Front Page