News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Who Invented The Buzzer?

Started by Wildfisher, January 18, 2008, 07:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

QuoteHis point was many anglers may  have been fishing sunk bodied  emergers for years without  even realising it.
I think"many" anglers were well aware how & what they were fishing.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

.D.

Quote from: Highlander on January 21, 2008, 01:00:47 AM
Tight Lines

I concur.

Off topic a little, but if you look at a Waterhen Bloa what else could it imitate but an emerging or damaged baetid dun. Dirty olive body, grey wings . The legs on both the nymphs and adults are some shade of olive, marked darker. And they're short. Those "old guys" would happily fish it through the middle of a hatch, in or at worst just under the film.

.D.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on January 21, 2008, 01:00:47 AM

Very  likely many did, we can  speculate. Certainly in recent years this is a topic that, to some extent,  has been done to death in the fly fishing press and elsewhere, so  one would image that most now would be aware.

Malcolm

Quote from: Allan Liddle on January 20, 2008, 10:18:12 PM
Do you fish it a lot and do you think colour plays a part in the dressing?
Allan.

I used to use it a lot and still do from time to time. I found the best pattern in this style was using the same material as a polywing adams. I had a fantastic time using it on loch Watten about 12 years ago. I was up there on holiday and had about 4 s16s with me. At the end of the holiday the hackle had all but gone on them all but they were still catching a load of fish.

I don't really know why I stopped using them regularly but CDC buzzers - first the Perky then the more conventional CDC buzzer took their place. Every so often though I'll have another red letter day with them as I did at one of the hill lochs above Corriekinloch when I had a great day on a big dark orange and black version. 

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page