News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly Tying Competition 2008 – The result!

Started by Wildfisher, April 10, 2008, 08:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_steven

Well done Peter! Some good tying!  :D

Cheers Fred for organising it, Magnus for judging it, and everyone else who took part! Excellent job!

Steve

rabbitangler

Materials arrived safe and sound by post first thing this morning. A really nice selection - one or two things I've run out of too. Thanks again Fred and all the other tyers (tiers).

Peter

rabbitangler

Sorry Gav but I dont believe you can't tie anything. If you can tie a shoe lace you can tie a fly that will catch trout. The flies in the competition were to catch an angler, not a fish.  :D

Wildfisher

Good to see the stuff arrived Peter, glad you are happy with it. That competition and prize will most probably  be a one-off.  The response did not come anywhere close to justifying the work (especially for Magnus) and the not inconsiderable overall expense. I don’t think there is anything to be gained from flogging  a dead horse. We move on. As far as fly tying goes it's probably best we just stick to fly swaps.

Hans

Nice to see the efforts of the participants, some lovely tyings in it.
Would have loved to be in it as well, but regulations stopped me from participating.
No probem though, a good initiative, and a well deserved winner. Congratulations fom this side of the
pond...
Cheers, Hans.

Go To Front Page