News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Season end fly swap.

Started by Steve, October 07, 2008, 12:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishindaft

i am doing some irish cormorant things i seen dave mcphail doing. no tried them for browns but had a few bows on them. looks a better brownie flee though.

Wildfisher

I'll do the Synthetic Sedge which just another name for an inorganic F Fly

so how many are tying now? 

sandyborthwick

Bloody hell Davy, I haven't even started - will have to get the vice out ver the weekend. I've still got two days brown trouting left though Season ends England on my local moorland waters 12th. 8)

Sandy B.O.   

garryh

Steve.I've tied olive f-flies and palmered march browns for the auction .will post this week sometime

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

That's 30 size 14 Synthetic Sedges tied .......... it was lo.......................ng day  :D

have also chucked in  an extra 25  trad. loch style wets etc as additional auction flies

gink the wing of the SS, wet the body floats like a cork and is easy to see. It catches fish and is a low maintenance, no hassle fly to fish. A good olive imitation.

[attachimg=1]

The General

sandyborthwick

They look dandy to me Gav, looking forward to wetting one of those in the spring.

Should have mine done by Friday Steve - will post to you over the Weekend.

Sandy B.O.

haresear

QuoteOi! Hang on!!! There I was having a read of the thread to see what I'd missed out on and my name is on the list (and with only one E as well ), how did that happen???

I thought you had given up fishing :shock: when I saw that, Andy :)

I've tried tying various things but given up after half a dozen of each (I hate tying flies). I'll try something very simple tonight.

Alex

Protect the edge.

bibio1

Only just realised what I've signed up for. 33 flees :shock: This is my first time in the fly swap. I'll start tying this weekend but I suspect it will take a couple of sessions. I'll do some parachute flees used on  my beloved Clyde.

Anyway a deal's a deal so better get started.

paul

haresear

QuoteGrayling take anything as long as it looks like it fell out a poofs handbag.

Flying condoms then?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page