News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Season end fly swap.

Started by Steve, October 07, 2008, 12:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

sandyborthwick

Steve,

25 done so far should be able to finish the last few of tonight and get them in the post. Just realised that the wee beads are going to add up and the buggers will want more money :shock: for the postage.

At least their machine will not be able to crush them like everything else :lol:.

Sandy B.O.

Malcolm

Got my mayfly emergers going at a couple a night. Should be finished in a week or so.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

sandyborthwick

Malcolm,

I've noticed that the standard of Flies has improved as I'm going along - just like being back at school and practicing my tables. :lol: :lol: Nicer in some respects though as the headmistress keeps coming in and forcing me to inbibe single malt 8).

Sandy B.O.

Malcolm

I'm having to put about 1 in 4 aside as unacceptable! Never mind I'll keep these for myself, they catch more fish!
To jaw like this

sandyborthwick

Steve,

Mine are all done now, can you PM your address for posting, they are all Black Spider Gold heads on Wide Gape Barbless hooks.

Sandy B.O. 

Fishtales

I'm away all week too so PM your address and I should be able to send mine off when I get back.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Malcolm

Here is what you'll be getting from me: this was one of 4 flies which we tied up for the Mayfly hatch on Merkland when we went to Corriekinloch for the first time in 2005. The first fly was the Edie variant in the fly database and this is the second, the emerger . This fly is very easy to tie. It uses only 3 materials DMC gold thread, deer hair and an olive hackle which is short in the fibre. I use a whiting saddle which gives about 5 flies for every hackle.
[attachimg=1]

the fly itself is fished with the bottom fibres clipped away in calm conditions but in a wind leave the whole hackle on or else it will sink.
The fly is very easy to tie but for the beginners i'll say that keeping deer hair together is not straightforward. what to do is to take 2 or 3 light turns when tying it on before compressing the deer hair otherwise it will flare. It is very effective indeed.

[attach = 2]
To jaw like this

haresear

I really like the style of tying Malcolm. I should think the tippet sits well proud of the water. Think i'll tie some up with a yarn wing.

Alex
Protect the edge.

bibio1

Just finished my 27 flees and put some others in for the auction. Thank god thats a wieght of ma mind. never tied 30 odd flees in one sitting before.

Go To Front Page