News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whats up for elimination!

Started by col, October 08, 2008, 05:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

col

Practicaly all my trips last season bar a few   :roll: had been on running water, i'm just about to start tying for the coming season , i have found my self using a few new ones (cdc and elk and dirty polly) , this has left  a few other patterns high and dry this season, first to be eliminated from the box is a DHE which for me is a bugger to tie and float correctly when it alights on the water replacing them with more cdc emerger patterns , dirty pollies,and the ever faithful klinkhammers, another to be eliminated is the GH sedge which for me is a bad hooker and not as good as a ballloon caddis, elkhair caddis and cdc and elk  . Is there any flies you presently  have in your box that you feell may have  seen there last swim ?
Col

Wildfisher

Quote from: col on October 08, 2008, 05:59:56 PM
Is there any flies you presently  have in your box that you feell may have  seen there last swim ?

Probably about 80% of them. I have loads of flies I never use and never will. I fish mainly rivers now  which I find more interesting and a lot ore challenging, and a doz patterns easily  covers it.

Clan Ford

The way the Earn has fished this season I may as well bin all my dryflies :(  I relegated the DHE to my last ditch compartment a while ago, its in good company with a host of terrestial type patterns and some big sedge thingies, don't know why I keep them, you just never know I suppose.

Norm

sandyborthwick

I'm like Gav, I have a lot of boxes but only carry usually two on the walk in. These two are stocke with a few of my regulars in a couple of sizes. As the season changes these boxes are updated from the other boxes which are normally just left in the car.

A couple in the relegation zone are Watsons bUmble(too many using this fly) and the daddies(haven't used them this year.

New to the premier division are the Klinks(Hans and his expert tyings have got me on this bandwagon) and a selection of snatchers.

Sandy B.O.   

Go To Front Page