News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Great stuff lads keep em coming . Here are my latest efforts I tied this afternoon...........

Clan Chief

I most probably will be. I hear - that instead of the usual quid on the nicht they are looking for a one off payment of 9 quid to cover the sessions from now till March. I think that is crazy. I reckon that will put off some of the young laddies who just turn up on the night. It will be free entry for lurkers who want to indulge in a spot flytying voyeurism.

Clan Chief

Tied this tonight.......

rabbitangler

Clan Chief

Widnnae say they were perfect. I just use "veniards No 1 fine" varnish. Two coats. Its just recently I have been paying more attention to ma heids after meeting Davie McPhail at the GAC. Now his heids are perfect. I was quite impressed with the heids on his flies. He suggested super glue then varnish I tried superglue the other day but didnnae like it I will just stick tae two coats of varnish.

Clan Chief

Not long in from work. Just tied this while I wait for my dinner to get ready.....

The General

Still in end of trout season blues but tied this for a pal.  It is John Sinclair's Blue Loch Maddy.
Hope to tie some pikey things soon but not spending another fortune on different materials.
This hook supposed to be size twelve but I found it very small for that size?

Davie

Clan Chief

Quite an unusual pattern that.

With the possibility of my first Clyde grayling outing of the winter this weekend . I decided to tie these up earlier this evening.

The General

Wish I had your enuthusiasm CC.   Must be SAD disease I've got coz I cannot muster the enthusiasm.  Tried tying a cdc thing that had drawn my attention in a Fly Fishing and Fly Tying magazine that my mate gave me and it is on a size twenty hook!!   After dropping my hackle pliers for the fourth time and my scissors, I called it a day.  I don't know how Hans does it.
Hope you catch loads of grayling.

Davie

haresear

I'm struggling. Badly out of practice and I never was any good.

I've tied around 50 wee brown nymphs in 18 and 16 and they all look different :(

I suppose each is a work of art. More Picasso than Da Vinci.

As for the fly swap. I'm going to lower my sights and also the overall standard by tying wee spidery things of some unspecified pattern using the closest things to hand. That's how I usually tie flies. I don't have patterns, just styles. Sad really.

Alex

Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page