News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scrap heap challenge?

Started by col, December 14, 2008, 02:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Ford

Had another shot on the vice tonight....

[attachimg=1]
Zonker

Zonker strip - from the fur coat in the drama department, I think it rabbit.
Body - Foil from a quality street choccy
Rib - nylon thread from tesco
Eyes - bead chain from one of my daughters toys
Cheeks - bit of ribbon from round a christmas cake.

[attachimg=2]
Rubber legged bug

Body - the rabbit/sheep wool mix
under rib - redish copper wire from the science dept. at the school
flash back - outer wrapper from a quality street
legs - rubber from the inside of my home made landing net lanyard
eyes - bead chain from one of my daughters toys.

I'm still tending towards the bug from yesterday but I quite like the look of the rubber legged job from this evening.  Decisions, decisions...

Norm

Harpo

Norm, I have a mental image of you sneaking around the school, stealing wire & ripping up fur coats in the Drama dept :shock:

Clan Ford

Sounds about right Stuart :lol:

Norm

Malcolm

Made from the frayed end of a bootlace

[attachimg=1]
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Ford

Had another wee go on the vice tonight..

[attachimg=1]

Weight - Lead from the flying "C" found in the Earn
Body - Wool / Fluff off my daughter's pink panther (she was asleep when I aquired it :shock:)
Under Rib - Reddish copper wire from the Science department
Flash back - Quality Street Wrapper
Over rib - Nylon Thread from Tesco's

I've now become a convert to sheep's wool.  It makes an excellent dubbing material and is easily mixed with all sort of stuff, its also quite plentiful round here :D

If I get the chance to get out tomorrow I think I'll fish a team of "scrapy flies".  A couple of bugs and a spider.  Still not sure about which one to nominate as THE FLY.  I like the pink bug but that really is targetting grayling so to keep in with the spirit of things I'll go for the Brownish Wool and Rabbit bug that I posted first, its a better bet for a brownie... here's hoping :D

Norm

Clan Ford

Col,

The Brown buggy thing.

Norm

Pete

Thought I would have a try too! :) 
[attachimg=1]
Pale cow "hair" off a fence this morning when out with the dug for the tail with a dark strand for a rib.  Some wool off a Jacobs sheep for the body and thorax, collected this arvo while out with the kids at Almond Valley Farm and a bit of crunchie wrapper over the thorax.  Anyone suggesting I only took them there for the purpose would be entirely wrong :8)  I tried to use the pale hair to tie it with but it was like a spring, every time I let the tension slip it unwound.

Hope everyone has fun giving their ''scrappies" a swim.  Good luck.

Pete

Harpo

Has nae one caught on a Scrap Heap fly yet, I was offline for a week and expected to come back on to various successes from this topic :?

Clan Ford

I'm reckoning a wee visit to the WoL on Tuesday might get me a scrapie fish :D

Norm

River Chatter

Just seems wrong to wet my abomination on a wee stretch of water that's already fallen victim to man's intervention. Check it our here, but don't have nightmares... http://www.whitecartwaterproject.org/contract1/.

So, I might give my fly a flee when I next find myself on a loch... don't fancy my changes though  :roll:

Go To Front Page