News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tying vises

Started by Pete, January 17, 2009, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on January 18, 2009, 03:19:45 PM
Och whit urr ye blabberin aboot ma loon? :D Wur command o' the languge is second tae nane :)

Alex

it's OK, I'm just pissed off coz I've bought a new vice as a result of this thread. Brian Tulloch is really in for  it now................ :D

.D.

I've got the Snowbee Waldron one.

It works fine but it didn't change my life.

PS - the old "buy the most expensive equipment you can afford because it must be better" adage doesn't really stand up to scrutiny, though C&F Designs certainly do very well out of it :wink:.

.D.

Wildfisher

Quote from: .D. on January 18, 2009, 03:38:03 PM
PS - the old "buy the most expensive equipment you can afford because it must be better" adage doesn't really stand up to scrutiny, though C&F Designs certainly do very well out of it :wink:.

Agreed.  I have a few of their fly boxes. Good but not worth the money.

scotfly

Quote from: admin on January 18, 2009, 03:11:22 PM
by the way it's tying VICES

....................you guys  and your fucking Americanisms really piss me off sometimes

You 'n me both Fred!

Quote from: admin on January 18, 2009, 03:11:22 PM
we have high standards of proper English to maintain here y'all    :makefun

You used the "E" word    shame on you!

shanksi

Another one for the Regent pedastal, does what I need for my fly tying.

shanksi

Pete

Thanks for all the responses guys. 

Scotfly put me onto a site which reviews a wide selection of VICES (my apologies for the horrendous spelling error there :roll:) which looks quite handy.

http://www.flyfisherman.com/ftb/hwvise/index.html

Worth a look.

Cheers Pete

scotfly

Quote from: breac uaig on January 18, 2009, 06:07:06 PM
And whits wrang wi' the "E" word? scotfly,you have tae mak allowances for all creeds and religions on this forum as lang as its nae the "A" word, after all there are some of us who actually are English, :shock:    :)    breac uaig

Sorry I was working on the assumtion that they had a sense of humour too.  :angel;

Wildfisher

Quote from: brian on January 18, 2009, 11:51:58 AM
I use an anvil apex vice Pete, it is a nice piece of kit without spending a fortune. Hopefully it should last a lifetime.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Anvil-Apex-Fly-Tying-Vice_W0QQitemZ370145112160QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090116?IMSfp=TL090116119003r10285

I just took delivery of this vice. An excellent piece of engineering. Hopefully I will now be able to tie very small flies without going nuts.  The service from that ebay seller was astonishing. One working day and it was here.   :shock:

Wildfisher

And here are the first flies tied with it. Size 18 and 20 parachutes.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Clan Chief

Go To Front Page