News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tying vises

Started by Pete, January 17, 2009, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Nice, Fred. You couldn't rustle up a quick 40 of those in a size 14 could you? :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

getting the comparadun flared tails to sit right is the hard bit..................... :?

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on January 20, 2009, 11:02:15 PM
Nice, Fred. You couldn't rustle up a quick 40 of those in a size 14 could you? :)

Alex

If only I could get size 14 hooks ...........................  :?

there seems to be a world shortage of size 14  Kamasan B170s   :(

I blame Dennis he's used them all up  doing these SBS's    :D

Pete

Very nice Fred.  Is there a knack to the spilt tails, I tried a technique from one of Dennis's sbs with a ball of dubbung but couldn't really get it to work :?

Pete

Malcolm

Quote from: admin on January 20, 2009, 11:26:30 PM

there seems to be a world shortage of size 14  Kamasan B170s   :(

isn't the b400 very similar?
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

I have been unable to get these in 100's since last November.  :?

shanksi

just checked GAC Fred and they have them in order in 100's, probably means you could get them for Xmas. :D  Have you tried Brian at the Big Reel in Ayr, he used to do them in 100's, his no is 01292 290011.
Nice flies by the way Fred.

shanksi

Wildfisher

got some b170 14s in the Orvis shop in Banchory today. In 25s - a dear way to buy ............. :(

east wind

Like the look of them regents, think i should splash out ?20 on one, this is what greeted me when i opened the tying box today.

Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

east wind

After following this thread, I bought one of the Regent vices myself. I really like it and it's wonderfully chunky!
John
[/quote]

John, looks like its a goer for me then.

Col, it is indeed a veniard. I started tying when i inherited  boxes of stuff from my mates father in law, Mr Todd from the Dumfries area who had just passed away. Some things like an all wooden fly reel were collectables which i sent back.
I still use lots of his material today and that above was his vice.

Think its time to move on. I have made big strides in the fishing gear department and could almost pass as an angler. Have even bought a pair of breathables for the summer after nearly collapsing on the Lanarkshire Avon from heat exhaustion last August wearing neos.

Cheers,

EW
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Go To Front Page