News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tesco again.

Started by piscatus absentis, March 05, 2009, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

Polyester thread about the equivalent of 8/0.  Fine and very strong.  76p for 150 metres.  In the hair beauty section of all places.

sandyborthwick

Thanks for the tip PA will be forced to go shopping with SWMBO for a change :lol:.

Wonder if she'll smell a rat!

Sandy B.O.

The General

F/?$!#~g Tesco
Will go get some block haddock for the tea, bread it with some nice garden peas that I froze in summer also get some undyed haddock for
rissoto tomorrow.  Kill three birds with one stone and get some thread as recommended.   Now this is as big a Tesco as you get and it is
mobbed.   I meet the river bailiff in there and he recommends I buy these garden gloves that have been reduced to 35p.  I grab six pairs
but not actually from where he said they were, that should have got the alarm bells ringing.   Next the fish counter, no haddock, not that
there wasn't any, they just had not ordered enough.   Text the wife and wean who are at Joseph and his something coat at Eden court and
ask for a fish supper to be brought back, hope their phones are switched off while in the theatre.   Temperature rising and pulse beginning
to race with shear bad manners of most of Tesco's customers.  There should be a test for people to pass before being allowed to drive a trolley.
Hair department, no thread and lo and behold they have moved the sewing bit to the other end of the store (end of row 32 to be exact).
Get to the end of the store, temperature now as high as it can get and make promise never to come here at 5 on a Friday ever again.
No thread at 76p.   500 metres of good quality thread at 97p, black and white only.  But there are really smart wee packs with 12 (I think)
wee reels in it of varying colours for ?2.
   There appear to be two or three different packs and one of them actually has different shades of pink which look ideal for your greyling nymphs/bugs.
Every till is choc a bloc and I head back up the 32 isles to the pay by yourself tills.   The gloves show up at ?2.00 each so have to get attendant.  She gives a pair to a young bloke who disappears for about half an hour and I am no kidding, way back to find the right price.
I have picked up the wrong gloves although they look exactly the same as the cheapie ones.  There are now about thirty irate customers
waiting behind me to get through the "fast" lane.   The thread did not show up as having passed the till ?? so it had to be reloaded, my tesco
card would not scan and I put my debit card in the holder before the machine had asked me too so I had to get the attendant again.

The good news in all of this is
1. Thread is good but it is too wide for my bobbin holder so will have to rebobbin.
2  I have got six pairs of gloves for not ?2.00 each and not 35p each but 25p each coz the attendant handed over my transaction to a young
    lad so she could go get her tea and probably a lie down after having to deal with me!
3  I ended up getting ?12.97 worth of shopping for ?1.97 coz he only put four pairs of gloves through instead of six.

Thank you PA.   If my pulse comes back to normal then I think I've had a great deal.

Davie

sandyborthwick

Jings :(,

went to Tesco with SWMBO had all of the above experience but got no thread - looked everywhere couldn't find it :shock: asked attendant ........ OH we dont do that anymore!!!!!! :x.

2? hours round bloody tescos with SWMBO and no F..K..g thread :banghead.

Saved the day at the last minute and some sanity with a special offer on SuperGlue 8 x tubes in a pack for ?2.00.

Now I know why I don't do shopping!

Sandy B.O. 

The General

I found the thread PA it is Polymer coated but it is thicker than my 6/0.   Turned Tesco upside down but did not find the scissors but now
I have a photo (what have you tied today) am away with the wife to get the breed and mulk.  I got my gowlf clubs in Bathgate.  But it is
a bit far to come for a roll of thread.  Got a great wee pair of scissors from tesco sewing bit and they only cost 47p.  Pretty sharp at the point
but who knows how long they last.   Also in the party bit there are glitters and all sorts that make great bodies for lures etc. I also got a wee "picker" needle thing that you can winkle knots out with and if push comes to shove it can cut your line if you want.  It is actually for taking the thread off of buttons etc and cost 98p.  I also bought four sardines and aim to catch a pike with them tomorrow.
On Saturday what caused the tail back was that they had run out of bags and everybody was just leaving their shopping at the tills and going
off in the huff.  Seemingly every tesco in Inverness was the same, run out of bags.

Davie

Go To Front Page