News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Its that time again. Another fly swap!

Started by Steve, February 06, 2006, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

Wildfisher

beaniboy67

i put my name down

but its not on the list

ive got 13 tied  so far.

if im too late i wll keep them till next time

beaniboy67

Quote from: Steve
can everyone please tie an extra fly making 17 in total, if you have already posted your flies dont worry I will use my copy for Beaniboy67
I should have double checked
Steve

dont worry yourself with givng me your flee. u never know it might be the killer uve been looking for lol.

if u pm me your address i will  post them  this week .

cheers again.

lnelson20

Steve,flies posted yesterday by the good lady,you should receive them today,hopefully :shock:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

beaniboy67

17 coom diddlers posted today steve

should be with you tommorow or the next day

cheers

lnelson20

Quote from: beaniboy6717 coom diddlers posted today steve

cheers
I have a feeling i'm going to do rather well with this flee,must be something in the name :D
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

beaniboy67

Quote from: lnelson20
Quote from: beaniboy6717 coom diddlers posted today steve

cheers
I have a feeling i'm going to do rather well with this flee,must be something in the name :D
All the best
Chris.

i used a standard wet version of it too good affect in orkney a few times when fish were on chironomids and olives subsurface.I think that the standard wet fly covers both insect angles and thats why it was effective(Or maybe it was just luck and it looked like a beasty)

The version i have tied up and sent to steve for everyone is a palmered/bumble version that i reckon could be useful as a bob fly or middle dopper(testing it on you guys) :lol:

Its quite fishy looking in the bumble format and would probably do well too imititate any hatching dark coloured midge or olive(as its leggy and greeny black)

i would probably use the fly in medium/poor light conditions as its believed dark olive and natural fly colours work /fish better in this type of light.

cheers

lnelson20

Cheer's Beanyboy :D A fine flee no doubt,i look forward to fishing it.
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Ptinid

I've got about 10 done so far - grabbing minutes when I can. Yet another claret thing- but a true wet.

Tied on a size 14 heavy hook, bidy dubbed with a mix of dark claret seal, and red flashaboo with a gold wire rib. Full soft hackle using hen grouse tips.

This is a variant of a fly I used a lot on WoL early last year. Then, I didn't have the flashaboo, and I used a brown hen hackle instead of the hen grouse. This one seems much better, and the hen grouse should give a fair amount of movement, with the flashaboo being eye-catching in heavier water.

Calling it 'The Tandoori', after my favourite part of WoL - Currie  :twisted:

I should have them all finished over the weekend - kinda better - got to spend most of next week in Leeds and Wakefield.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Go To Front Page