News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Another fishing shop up for sale

Started by Hill loch gold, March 07, 2018, 08:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill loch gold

Heard on the grapevine hugo's shop in wick was up for sale. Seems to be right enough.

http://caithness-business.co.uk/property.php?id=6618

Highlander

At least it is for sale as a going concern rather than a closure. There are not many of the old style shops left are there.  None really left in Glasgow city centre. What were they?
Caffaro
Hardy
Alex Martin
Anglers Rendezvous
W.Robertson
Arthur Allan
CC Mann
Probably a few others I have forgot
All gone now bit sad but our fault we just stopped using them.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

corsican dave

i'm thinking i'm very lucky to have Mortimer's in Grantown and the amazing Graham's in Inverness. they may not have everything you want, but it's pretty damned close and it just feels "right". and yes, i do spend my money in both of these & i will continue to do so
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Crawhin

I'm a bit shocked by this - I thought Hugo's was doing pretty good trade and he had some diversity what with the shop, an online business and the permits and boats rentals. Not to mention that there's not another fishing shop for bloody miles around! I wonder if Hugo had enough rather than the business struggling financially - he wasn't always Mr Happy go lucky!? Wonder who's doing Watten and St John's boats this season?

Ian

burnie

Selling them is the problem, the shop in Arbroath took years to sell and Anglers Choice in Dundee has been up for sale for years(I presume it still is).

Go To Front Page